– “The destruction of Fallujah was an act of barbarism that ranks alongside My Lai, Guernica and Halabja.”
– For a change, Age commentator Tony Parkinson praises the Australian “political class” for its toughness on terrorism. Parkinson is incapable of thinking any other way. He is, like the vast majority of supposed elder statesmen of the commentariat, professionally incapable of existing without establishment acceptance. Such is their bravery.
– Andrew Sullivan continues his campaign to end torture of detainees in America’s gulags around the world.
– The prisoners of Abu Ghraib speak.
– Alan Dershowitz continues defending Israeli war crimes.
– The CIA warns that Syria is harbouring more than 15 million known Arabs.