– Cindy Sheehan is thinking of entering politics on an anti-war platform.
– Simon Jenkins writes in the London Times how Britain – and by extension, Australia – is “being set up by the Americans in Afghanistan.”
– US officials in Iraq are dealing, thoroughly unsurprisingly, with insurgents (or in Bush-speak, “terrorists.”)
– Prime Minister John Howard has memory loss, defends his government’s reputation and spins furiously to avoid further embarrassment over the oil-for-food scandal. Just another day in paradise.
– According to the Mail on Sunday, Tony Blair and George Bush worked together to deceive the UN and the world over their intentions to invade Iraq. I like this line especially:
“And it alleges the British Government boasted that disgraced newspaper tycoon Conrad Black was being used by Mr Bush’s allies in America as a channel for pro-war propaganda in the UK via his Daily Telegraph newspaper.”