– A majority of Americans now believe the US will not win in Iraq and a growing percentage of Republican supporters want withdrawal.
– Israel warns that a new world war is nearly upon us with an “axis of terror” between Syria, Iran and Hamas. Of course, this new threat is as grave as Saddam’s previous “threat”, which was as serious as the Egyptian “threat.”
– Carl Bernstein, one half of the team that broke the Watergate scandal – and, unlike Bob Woodward, hasn’t become a Court Reporter – calls for a thorough investigation into the Bush administration.
– The United Nations will investigate human rights abuses in West Papua.
– The Iranian regime has long persecuted the Baha’i faith, but a group of British legal professors outline the latest issue.