A petition worth signing (even with a recent change of Australian government):
To: International Criminal Court
We, the undersigned, call for the indictment and prosecution of John Winston Howard (currently Australian Prime Minister), Robert Hill (former Defence Minister) and Alexander Downer (Foreign Minister) for acts of terrorism and war crimes.
We believe that under Australia`s Criminal Code Act 1995, and under the articles of the International Criminal Court, there is a prima facie case for the prosecution of Howard, Hill and Downer for complicity in illegal attacks upon and mass murder of civilian populations of Afghanistan and Iraq, between 2001 and 2005.
These prosecutions should include the following crimes, committed by the accused in their official capacities:
- Complicity in the massacre of hundreds of civilians in Baghdad, Basra, Khormal, Babel, Nassariya, Najaf, Karbala and Anbar, in March 2003, through aerial bombardment, including cluster bombs, assisted by Australian `imagery specialists`
- Complicity in the S.A.S. backed murder of ten Sabri tribespeople (mostly teenagers) in Afghanistan, 16 May 2002
- Complicity in the massacre of between one thousand and three thousand prisoners, after US operation `Anaconda` operation at Shah-i-Kot, Afghanistan, March 2002
- Complicity in the maintenance of an international network of torture, from Pakistan to Iraq to Egypt to Guantanamo Bay (US-occupied Cuba)
- Complicity in the two criminal attacks on the civilian population of Falluja, in April and November 2004 – where between one thousand and two thousand people were murdered in attacks which included the use of napalm, and the blockading of Falluja Hospital
We reject utterly the claim that any of these crimes could be carried out under any `democratic mandate` from Australian citizens.
We urge responsible Australian prosecutors to take action under Australian law, and to support this referral to the International Criminal Court.