– This story gets stranger by the day: “Lobbyist Jack Abramoff worked with Russian partners to establish a company that envisioned a high-risk plan to drill for oil in Israel, which he hoped would bring him riches and reshape the Middle East.”
– More on the self-censorship of a play about Rachel Corrie.
– Tony Blair is accused of ignoring grieving parents who have lost children in Iraq.
– Robert Fisk tells ABC TV viewers that the Western media is failing to unlock the details behind the civil strife in Iraq.
– A lawyer representing some Guantanamo Bay prisoners offers a unique look into the “gulag.”
– The Australian Jewish News celebrates Howard’s birthday:
Howard’s Australia may not be perfect, but in these troubled times, especially in Europe where the “new antisemitism” appears to have become de rigeur among the chattering classes, Australia remains the “lucky country” for Jews.