– The US has nearly 100,000 intelligence officials around the world.
– Israel’s Ehud Olmert loves, and needs, Hamas.
– The Vatican comes closer to acknowledging its gross failures during the Nazi era.
– The Washington Post reports:
The cost of the war in Iraq will reach $320 billion after the expected passage next month of an emergency spending bill currently before the Senate, and that total is likely to more than double before the war ends, the Congressional Research Service estimated this week.
– American Jews are worried that a strike against Iran would negatively affect their standing in the wider community. A war for Israel probably wouldn’t go down too well in middle America.
– Yet more evidence that the Howard government was informed of AWB kickbacks to Saddam Hussein during the UN Oil-for-Food program.