Following the recent establishment of the Australian-based Committee for the Dismantling of Zionism – and its comment on the Gaza outrage – the statement of aims for the new group is below:
JOHN DOCKER and NED CURTHOYS
Committee for the Dismantling of Zionism
Statement of Aims
1. In the Gandhian tradition of non-violence, the committee stands for the peaceful co-existence of Israeli Jews and Palestinians within a unified democratic state where everyone is a full citizen irrespective of religion or ethnicity.
2. The committee supports the view of Sir Isaac Isaacs, Jewish jurist and former Governor General of Australia in the 1940s, that the very idea of a Jewish state is absurd, unjust, and ultimately untenable, since it makes all non-Jewish citizens necessarily and inevitably second-class citizens.
3. In the Gandhian tradition of non-violence, we support the cultural and economic boycott of Israel.
4. The Jewish Right of Return is a weapon in the Zionist colonization and occupation of Palestinian lands. Accordingly, we urge that the world wide Jewish diaspora should renounce the Right of Return.
5. We urge support for UN Resolution 194 which declares the unconditional right of the Palestinian refugees expelled from Palestine in 1948 to return to their homes.
6. We observe that Zionist Israel is guilty of genocidal policies as defined in Article II (c) of the Genocide Convention, in that it intends to destroy, in whole or in part, an ethnic group by “deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part”. By ‘physical destruction’ we mean that Zionist Israel transparently seeks to destroy Palestinian society and remove Palestinians from their ancestral lands in order to Judaize those same lands.
7. The world wide Zionist organisations are also guilty, in terms of the Genocide Convention, Article III (e), of “complicity in genocide”.